The club has its origins with the Old Skinners Cricket Society, an "Old Boys" association formed from ex-pupils of The Skinners School for Boys in Tunbridge Wells. The Club was previously known as the Old Skinners Cricket Club and started playing in 1936. It was disbanded during World War II and reformed in 1946
For ten seasons the Club played friendly matches on the playing field in the Skinners School grounds in St Johns Road. Tunbridge Wells. It was a small, sloping, much used ground that now houses a number of new buildings for the School
In the late 1950s. the Old Skinners Cricket Club was offered temporary use of part of the School playing fields in Southfield Park in Southborough. Within a couple of years, the club had moved to St Mark's Playing Fields, taking with them the Old Skinners Rugby Club, and creating the Old Skinners Sports Club as a result.
The Cricket Club expanded and gained in strength and was soon able to field two teams on Saturday and one on Sunday. Even though the club flourished, it was still a closed club supported by the Old Skinners Society The number of "old boys" playing for the club decreased over the next decade, and the Society had little option but to make the clubs go "open"
In 1973 the Old Skinners Sports Club was disbanded and the Old Skinners Society transferred the clubhouse to the newly formed Tunbridge Wells Borderers Sports Club This was an alliance of the renamed Tunbridge Wells Borderers Cricket Club and the Tunbridge Wells Rugby Football Club, with the local branch of the British Sub-Aqua Club as an affiliated club.
In 1980 the Club decided to enter its 1st XI and 2nd XI into the East Sussex League, with the I" XI starting in Division 3
The original timber clubhouse was replaced with a two storey clubhouse and opened by HRH Princess Anne in 1985.
The Club won the local knock-out Courier Cup in 1992
A corner of the field was set aside for cricket nets and in 1997 two fixed nets were put up.
Lottery funding was obtained in 1998 by the Sports Club to purchase some land to the south of St Marks Playing Fields. The land was levelled and additional rugby pitches were created A new cricket square and outfield was also created on the new land which is in East Sussex. The original square was moved closer to the county boundary and the outfield levelled and increased in size.
The club's 3rd XI joined the League in 1997.
A youth section of the Club now exists and is achieving great success in local leagues in a number of age groups